General island information may be found here.
Click and drag the map below to explore. (We are by the pin!)
At the Airport - it is required to fill in a new immigration form before you are allowed into the island. Villa Oyster Pearl's address is as follows: 152 Oyster Pond Road, Dawn Beach, St. Maarten. You are required to provide this information.
Taxi Fares - St. Maarten has standard Taxi Fares.
Grocery Shopping - here are many supermarkets on both the French and Dutch sides. Almost anything that can be found in a US Supermarket may also be found in Carrefore . There are also daily flights from Paris, bringing onto the French Quarter fresh European produce. These can be found at Match and US Imports Supermarkets. Marigot is home to many incredible bread pastry shops/cafes, and is well worth exploring. There is a local convenience store, Mom and Pops, in the Oyster Pond Marina, as well as a 'Mini Market' on the French side of Oyster Pond.
Recycling - On the French side of the Island there are Recycling bins for glass, plastic bottles and cans. It may be noted that they do not accept cooking oil bottles and there is no facility for waste paper or plastic bags. You will find recycling bins at the bottom of the hill on the French side. The kitchen at the villa several bins for general waste and recycling. Please deposit recycling on the French side, and general trash bags opposite the entrance to the villa in the white brick building with the iron gate.
Hospitals - Should you require hospital assistance, you may find hospitals on both French and Dutch sides:
- There is a Medical School in Maho which has been known to treat certain cases.
- The French side hospital is located in Concordia. You may contact them directly with this number +1 (721) 295-757. It is newly built with modern facilities.
- The Dutch side hospital, SMMC, is located in the district of Cay Hill, on the Welgelegen Road next to the Raoul Illidge Sports complex:
- It is located five minutes away from the Dutch capital Philipsburg (using Link One Road) and, with light traffic, ten minutes from Simpson Bay (fifteen minutes from the French capital, Marigot).
- If you are approaching from the AJC Brouwersweg (Colebay Hill to Grand Marche Supermarket) the turnoff to Welgelegen Road is marked with a blue "H" (Hospital) sign.
- If you are approaching from Link One (Divi Hotel to Cole Bay Hill) the turn-off to Welgelegen Road is at the first roundabout, located in Cay Hill. The hospital is immediately adjacent to the roundabout. +1 (721) 522-300, +1 (721) 543-1111.